- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
You can do great work and love what you do with the City of Delaware. We are an organization that succeeds because of teamwork, dedication, diversity and the innovative spirit of all of our employees. The City of Delaware is an award-winning local government organization known for its professionalism, customer service orientation and a strong commitment to distinctive and well-planned community development. Our mission is to ensure an effective government, a healthy economy, being a safe city and welcoming you to be a part of this great community!
Under the direction of the Recreation Program Superintendent and the immediate supervision of the Senior Program Coordinator, this position assists with the operations of the Delaware DARTS Swim Team, monitors and organizes swim team participant parent volunteer schedule, and ensures exceptional safety standards are maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: For purposes of 42 USC 12101
- Leads with onsite supervision and communication; assists with scheduling, training and evaluating the DARTS swim program.
- Serves as the main port of contact for swim team operations while on site.
- Leads and maintains the promotion of excellent customer service standards at all levels of operations.
- Implements and enforces emergency action plans and facility safety policies.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies and the public.
- Provides program leadership through staff to organize, conduct and expand the program including, but not limited to, the swim team, dive team and special events.
- Organizes swim team roster and prepare and maintain records and reports
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Water safety & emergency procedures
- Program development
- Swim stroke development
- Swim meet operations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lead and supervisor others
- Ability to enforce regulations and emergency procedures
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The primary duties of this position are performed in an outdoor environment with exposure to conditions such as extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards and atmospheric conditions.
- This position requires the ability to exert 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires swimming, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and repetitive motions.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
This position is part of the Permanent Part-Time and Seasonal Employee Ordinance. Details about the compensation and benefits for this position can be found in the agreement by clicking here.
The information above is intended to be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of employees holding this position.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.