Seasonal Program Coordinator
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
This position may be eligible for the following:
- Referral bonus of $50 for referring a friend, relative, neighbor, or acquaintance to the city for seasonal positions, and that person is hired. Applicants may only identify one current employee who referred them.
- $100 gift card for working a minimum of 40 hours per pay period, done as a raffle.
NATURE OF WORK
Under direction, assists with activities of an assigned recreation program area. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to sports, fitness, aquatics, concession operations, rentals, cultural activities, programs and classes, custodial support and maintenance, facility logistics and operations, and special events. Oversees the development, promotion, and implementation of programs which meet the needs of a diverse community; ensures program facilities are properly maintained; oversees a wide variety of duties for events, classes, and programs; and performs related work as required.
Availability of work may be weather dependent. As such, applicants must be able to work varying hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Plan, organize, and implement recreation programs by overseeing a variety of sports and recreation programs, order supplies and collect registrations.
- Work independently and be responsible for overseeing programs at designated locations such as parks, school facilities, baseball/softball fields and other public facilities. Includes setup and take down at facilities and areas for special events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Prioritize job tasks and complete them within specified time frames meeting deadlines.
- Prepare written documents, statistical reports, work orders, time sheets, schedules, press releases, brochures, calendars, program rosters, etc.
- Prepares reports describing and evaluating programs at completion of activity and identifies methods and areas to improve.
- Maintain supplies, equipment, and materials in support of athletic and recreation programs.
- Perform necessary manual labor and skilled tasks that may require lifting heavy objects, stooping, bending, and twisting.
- Enforces policies, procedures and rules for staff, instructors, volunteers, and contracted facility renters as well as enforcement of safety and operating procedures and provides for maintenance needs including compliance with health and safety codes and building codes.
- Communicate and work with individuals, community groups, and committees to stimulate interest and develop recreation program support, including fundraising.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Skill in the use of common computer programs and office machines, including Microsoft Office,
Publisher, Power Point, Excel, and athletic scheduling software.
* Skill in developing, planning, and overseeing a diverse number of public recreational programs
* Skill in the methods and techniques for recreation facility maintenance and operations.
* Ability to communicate and establish rapport, understanding and confidence with participants and the
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in the application of program rules and procedures.
* Ability to understand, follow and complete oral and written directions.
* Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
* Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary duties of this position are performed in a public building environment or an outdoor environment and may include working in adverse weather conditions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and work orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to receive fees and provide change due and to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be 16 years of age
- Experience in the specific area where the position will work preferred.