Seasonal Hidden Valley Golf Course Laborer
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
You can do great work and love what you do with the City of Delaware. We are an organization that succeeds because of teamwork, dedication, diversity, and the innovative spirit of all our employees. The City of Delaware is an award-winning local government organization known for its professionalism, customer service orientation and a strong commitment to distinctive and well-planned community development. The work environment is stable with excellent benefits and retirement packages. Our mission is to ensure an effective government, a healthy economy, being a safe city and welcoming you to be a part of this great community!
Under the immediate supervision of the Golf Course Supervisor and under the general supervision of the Parks & Natural Resources Superintendent, the Hidden Valley Golf Course (HVGC) Laborer is responsible for various activities related to the day-to-day operations and duties associated with the operations, maintenance, and safety of the Hidden Valley Golf Course.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: For purposes of 42 USC 12101
Performs the following responsibilities under the immediate supervision of the Golf Course Supervisor:
- Performs both semi-skilled and skilled labor in the maintenance, and repair work of the general park grounds, golf course and park facilities including, but not limited to; mowing, trimming, planting, weeding, mulching, cleaning facilities, trash removal and collecting range balls.
- Collects fees related to the business of the golf course (i.e. greens fees, membership fees, and other charges for the use of the facilities and concessions) and issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Operates concessions and serves food to customers.
- Greets customers and provides information and answers questions related to the golf course.
- Answers phones and maintains records.
- Assists in setting up special events and/or pairing players on the tee in order to best utilize the golf course.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic math (ex: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers).
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and standard practices regarding park, golf course and facility grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of traffic laws and rules involved in vehicle and equipment operation.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer service; including determining the needs of customers, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the game of golf and proper golf etiquette.
- Knowledge of standard safety protocols in the performance of essential functions as well as City policies regarding safe work practices.
- Skilled in the use of equipment, machinery and hand/power tools used in department projects and activities.
- Skilled in the operation of a retail public service facility handling funds and being accountable thereof.
- Skilled in the practice of service orientation by actively looking for ways to help others.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to interact with the public on an individual basis.
- Ability to make quick and accurate arithmetical computations.
- Ability to make decisions independently in accordance with established department policy.
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner and report unsafe activities, conditions, and faulty equipment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with fellow City staff, associates, and general public.
- Ability to perform relatively heavy manual work for extended periods of time and ability to withstand exposure to variable weather conditions.
- Ability to distinguish between different cleaning materials, fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides with the ability to read and understand label information.
- Ability to utilize necessary protective clothing and equipment to avoid potential dangers from pesticides or poisonous vegetation.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- The primary duties of this position are performed in a public building environment or an outdoor golf course environment and may include working in adverse weather conditions, as well as exposure to hazards involving the use of chemicals/cleaning solutions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and work orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to receive fees and provide change due and to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Sufficient personal mobility, stamina, flexibility and balance to maneuver up and down stairs and to perform activities involving bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching and other physical exertions in an indoor/outdoor environment, with exposure to varying temperatures.
- Sufficient strength to lift and carry objects up to fifty (50) pounds for varying distances.
Course equipment: Triplex greens mowers, fairway mowers, zero turn mowers, golf carts, and various hand tools. Clubhouse equipment: Computers, ball washer for range balls, hotdog warmer, and coffee pot.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent (high school diploma or GED).
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Experience involving the handling of cash and record keeping.
- Experience and training in food service operation preferred.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
On average, this position works 24-40 hours per week with availability of work being weather dependent. Applicants must be available to work varying hours including, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position is part of the Permanent Part-Time and Seasonal Pay Plan. Details about the compensation and benefits for this position can be found in the agreement by clicking here.
The information above is intended to be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position and should not be interpreted to describe all the duties which may be required of employees holding this position.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $13.52 to $15.60/hour
$13.52 - $15.6
Job Status: Seasonal
Job Reference #: 3909530