Seasonal Hidden Valley Golf Course Clubhouse Manager
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
Under the general supervision of the Parks Superintendent and the immediate supervision of the Division Supervisor, the Hidden Valley Clubhouse Manager is primarily responsible for the daily activities of the golf course.
On average, this position works 24-40 hours per week. Availability of work may be weather dependent. Hidden Valley Golf Course is open from dawn to dusk. As such, applicants must be able to work varying hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Administer programs and activities and promote the golf course.
- Schedule and supervisor golf course cashiers.
- Maintain the clubhouse for the safety of customers and employees.
- Maintain financial records and submit necessary reports.
- Order concession food, drinks and golf merchandise.
- Greet customers and assist them by providing information, answering questions and providing information on procedures and policies of the golf course.
- Collect payment of golf course greens and equipment rental fees and concessions; issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Work with customers to resolve complaints.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skilled in the operation and management of a retail public service facility handling funds and being accountable thereof.
- Skilled in the practice of service orientation by actively looking for ways to help others.
- Thorough knowledge of golf course operations.
- Knowledge of facility regulations
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic in order to make change quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer service; including determining the needs of customers, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the game of golf and proper golf etiquette.
- Knowledge of standard safety protocols in the performance of essential functions as well as City policies regarding safe work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and manage the work of others; ability to supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written and oral form.
- Ability to maintain personal composure and tactfully address difficult situations and interpret questions correctly.
- Ability to organize activities, golf outings, leagues and special events.
- Ability to operate electric/gas golf carts.
- Ability to operate cash register/adding machine.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to interact with the public on an regular basis.
- Ability to oversee repairs to concession stand equipment.
- Ability to make decisions independently in accordance with established department policy.
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner and report unsafe activities, conditions, and faulty equipment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with fellow City staff, associates and the general public.
- Ability to distinguish between different cleaning materials with the ability to read and understand label information.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary duties of this position are performed in a public building environment or an outdoor golf course environment and may include working in adverse weather conditions, as well as exposure to hazards involving the use of chemicals/cleaning solutions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and work orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to receive fees and provide change due, to operate a variety of office equipment and to compile information and generate reports.
- Sufficient personal mobility, stamina, flexibility and balance to maneuver up and down stairs and to perform activities involving bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching and other physical exertions in an indoor/outdoor environment, with exposure to varying temperatures.
- Sufficient strength to lift and carry objects up to fifty (50) pounds for varying distances.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
1. Possession of a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must be at least 18 years of age.
3. Thorough knowledge of golf course rules and etiquette.
4. First aid and CPR certified (preferred).
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
This position is part of the Part-time, Intermittent and Seasonal Pay Plan. Details about the compensation and benefits for this position can be found in the agreement by clicking here.
The class specification which appears above is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the class and be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position allocated to the class and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of employees holding a position assigned to this class.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.