Recreation Center Attendant (Part-time)
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
NATURE OF WORK
Under the general supervision of the Recreation Program Superintendent, this position is responsible for opening and closing the Mingo Recreation Complex, as well as the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Recreation Center and the grounds surrounding the center. This position is also responsible for the safety of the patrons of the facility and maintaining a positive and healthy environment. Subject to working flexible schedule including working early morning, late evenings, weekend, holidays and overtime.
- Open, close and secure facilities in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Perform custodial duties at assigned facilities, including, but not limited to, cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, and polishing floors; cleaning furniture, woodwork, fixtures, equipment, restrooms, locker rooms, walkways, driveways, and facility grounds; disposing of trash.
- Provide operational support for events, classes, and programs, including, but not limited to, set-up and tear-down of tables, chairs, equipment, and supplies.
- Inspect facilities and equipment and reports issues in a timely manner to appropriate staff.
- Monitor and enforce rules, policies, and procedures.
- Receive and respond to questions, concerns, and complaints from patrons regarding the facility; determines issues and resolves or refers to staff as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Work cooperatively with the public and employees in an enthusiastic and constructive manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Use safe cleaning methods and procedures, materials and supplies.
- Work independently without immediate direction or guidance.
- Evaluate emergency situations and act decisively and effectively to resolve the situation.
- Administer first aid, CPR, and AED as needed.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Participate in required training sessions, including safety drills and other emergency procedures; performs all work in a safe manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Assist with the cleaning and up-keep of landscaping around the facility.
- Assist in the inventory of program and custodial supplies.
- Answer a wide variety of questions from the general public regarding City functions and community activities.
- Operate standard office equipment such as copy machine, computer and multi-line telephones.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The primary duties of this position are performed in an indoor and outdoor environment that may involve exposure to adverse weather conditions and related hazards including low to medium electrical voltage, the use of power tools and equipment and hazardous chemicals and materials.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively whether in person or over the telephone/radio, to discern moderately complex verbal and written instructions, to operate aviation and emergency radios, to discern emergency warnings and alarms, and to understand department safety rules and regulations.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to perceive and discriminate colors or shades of colors, to comprehend written work instructions and work orders, technical manuals and related diagrams.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate a personal computer, equipment, hand and power tools and to make necessary repairs or adjustments to equipment.
- Sufficient strength to lift and carry objects up to fifty (50) pounds for varying distances.
- Sufficient body flexibility, mobility, stamina and balance to perform maintenance and repair operations that require bending, stooping, kneeling and stretching repeatedly/continually over time and other physical exertions including, performing work above shoulder level; climbing and working on ladders and steps.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED is desirable.
- Experience in custodial and facility operations and in dealing effectively with the public is highly desirable. Previous work experience in a recreational environment is also highly desirable.
- CPR for the Professional and First Aid certification within 30 days of hire
- Certified Pool Operator certification or ability to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
This position is part of the Part-time, Intermittent and Seasonal Pay Plan.? Details about the compensation and benefits for this position can be found in the agreement by clicking here.
The class specification which appears above is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the class and be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position allocated to the class and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of employees holding a position assigned to this class.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer.? In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.