- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
The Delaware Municipal Clerk of Court is seeking applications for the position of Deputy Clerk. This position is under the direct supervision of the Clerk of Court. The Deputy Clerk is responsible for providing direct customer service to citizens, law enforcement, attorneys, staff and all others utilizing services provided by the Delaware Municipal Court. Additionally, the Deputy Clerk provides information, handles all monetary transactions, processes and maintains court records while troubleshooting issues that impact court users and always strives to follow the highest standards of integrity. The applicant must have a positive attitude, work well in a team and provide excellent customer service.
The aforementioned duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions:
- Possess a high school diploma, GED or equivalent certificate of competency.
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills across several levels of commonality.
- Possess strong typing skills and be proficient in or show great aptitude to learn new skillsets pertaining to the software and hardware used in the workplace. This includes but is not limited to the following Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to perform basic math, collect and disburse monetary transactions while maintaining an acute focus on accuracy across several platforms of record keeping.
- Ability to receive and process filings from the public and Court as Ordered.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in one’s willingness to learn new skillsets, possess good time management skills and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, and/or advisory data and information.
- Must be bondable; complete a satisfactory background check and drug screening if offered employment.
- Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (10-25 pounds). Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- It is not required but an applicant’s ability to speak, read and write Spanish is considered to be beneficial to the Clerk.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
In addition to the Job Summary and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities identified, the following competencies are considered during the hiring process and are integral to the position:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Possess, acquires and maintains the technical / professional expertise to do the job effectively and to create solutions. Technical / professional expertise is demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment and competent performance.
Decision Making / Problem Solving: Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions in a timely manner. Compares data, information, and input from a variety of sources to draw conclusions; takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Applies both rational and creative processes to identify unknown root causes of problems. Based on the situation, decides the best course of action, implements the solution, and follows-up to see how it's working. Calculates and evaluates the long-term consequences of a decision.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains effective performance under pressure; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization. Stays calm and even-tempered when handling crises, stressful situations, continuance change or unexpected developments. Is able to recover from difficult situations. Is seen as a settling influence in a crisis.
Teamwork: Works effectively in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals. Builds constructive working relationships with interested stakeholders to identify and meet mutual goals and objectives. Participates as an active and contributing member of teams with a focus on improving offender outcomes and department goals. Shares information as appropriate and credit for team accomplishments. Helps create and maintain strong morale and a feeling of belonging in his/her team. Acts as if "true success" is the success of the whole team.
Conflict Management: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to reduce tension and/or conflict between two or more people; able to size up situations quickly; able to identify common interests; facilitates resolution. Steps up to conflicts and sees them as opportunities. Finds common ground and achieves cooperation without disruption to work flows or interpersonal relationships.
Cultural Competence: Values an inclusive organization where the differences of all people are respected, valued and utilized toward achieving common goals. Respects and relates well to people from varied backgrounds, understands diverse worldviews, and is sensitive to group differences; sees diversity as an opportunity, respectfully challenges bias and intolerance. Supports equal and fair treatment.
Communication: Clearly conveys and receives information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the listener, helps them understand and retain the message and invites response and feedback. Keeps others informed as appropriate. Demonstrates effective written, verbal and listening skills.
Collaboration: Develops and maintains effective working relationships with coworkers and stakeholders through the use of strong interpersonal skills to meet mutual goals and objectives. Obtains cooperation from others; seeks and encourages win-win alternatives.
Influence: Uses appropriate interpersonal skills and techniques to gain support and acceptance for ideas and solutions. Uses influencing strategies to gain mutually beneficial agreements; seeks to persuade rather than force solutions or impose decisions on regulation; and recognizes personal autonomy of others.
Dependability and Reliability: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; is committed to being available during business hours to further organizational goals; demonstrates regular and punctual attendance; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; diligently follows through on commitments and consistently meets deadlines.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
An attractive benefits package is offered, including medical and dental insurance, a retirement plan, deferred compensation and leave time.Applicants must complete an online application and submit a resume and cover letter.
THE DELAWARE MUNICIPAL CLERK OF COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND WILL NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, AGE, OR ANCESTRY OF ANY PERSON.