Community Control Officer
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
***This position will be continuously posted until filled. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.***
You can do great work and love what you do with the City of Delaware. We are an organization that succeeds because of teamwork, dedication, diversity, and the innovative spirit of all our employees. The City of Delaware is an award-winning local government organization known for its professionalism, customer service orientation and a strong commitment to distinctive and well-planned community development. The work environment is stable with excellent benefits and retirement packages. Our mission is to ensure an effective government, a healthy economy, being a safe city and welcoming you to be a part of this great community!
Under the supervision of the Judges and the direct supervision of the Chief Community-Control Officer, the Community Control Officer manages adult offenders who have been placed on community-control supervision and ensures prompt completion of court ordered sanctions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: For purposes of 42 USC 12101
- Performs the initial interview and assessment on clients.
- Supervises offenders via drug screens, home/office visits, GPS monitors, alcohol monitors, court appearance, probation violations, etc.
- Supervises pre-trial offenders via interview, presentence investigation report, installation of GPS tracking system, etc.
- Presents findings to the court.
- Attends training and meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with data collection, data entry, and statistical reporting
- Probation terminology, interviewing, information gathering, court reports, and presenting.
- State laws.
- Substance abuse.
- Probation theories and concepts.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Listening and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills.
- Maintain confidences, exercise mature judgement, and work harmoniously with others.
- Organize, oversee, and complete multiple projects simultaneously and with limited supervision.
- Interpret written material.
- Work with people from various backgrounds and experiences.
- Motivate and encourage.
- Perform under pressure.
- Make sound, well informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
- Majority of work is performed in an office environment where the physical demands require sitting and standing for extended periods of time; frequent use of computers and standard office equipment; may work under stress of deadlines.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with others in person and over the telephone.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and to review, evaluate and prepare a variety of written materials on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate standard office equipment and computer systems.
- Sufficient ability and strength to lift, carry, or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds for varying distances.
Computer, copier, phone, fax machine, radio, court vehicle, drug and alcohol detector, firearm, handcuffs/restraints, and other standard/modern office equipment; computer software (e.g., Microsoft Office, Authority Probation, Jail Tracker, Chrome Internet, and other applicable computer software).
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a field of academic study such as criminal justice, criminology, psychology, sociology, or other discipline that provides evidence of the capacity to understand and apply the legal requirements and human-relations skills involved in the work of this position; or possession of an Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of experience in the above mentioned fields.
- Experience in the field of community-control/probation and court operations is preferred.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and ability to maintain insurability under City’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Must successfully complete mandated new community-control officer training program and OPOTA firearm certification within six (6) months of employment.
- Must possess and maintain Basic Life Support, Thinking For Change, Ohio Risk Assessments, Taser/OC Spray, Crisis Intervention, and Basic Probation Officer certifications, registrations, or licenses.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Any combination of training and experience which will indicate the possession of the skills, knowledge and abilities listed below.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
The City of Delaware offers a complete benefits package to full-time employees including: health, dental, and life insurance, retirement pension and savings plans, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. This position is part of the Municipal Court Pay Plan. Details about the compensation and benefits for this position can be found in the agreement by clicking here.
The information above is intended to be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position and should not be interpreted to describe all the duties which may be required of employees holding this position.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: $21.82 to $25.04/hour
$21.82 - $25.04
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 3960483