Cashier (Hidden Valley Golf Course)
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
NATURE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Parks Superintendent, Division Supervisor and Clubhouse Manager, the cashier will collect fees related to the business area and issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
Availability of work may be weather dependent. As such, applicants must be able to work varying hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Collect payment of fees related to the business area (membership fees, golf course greens fees, daily admission fees, equipment rental fees or concessions).
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Greet customers and assisting them by providing information, answering questions and providing information on procedures and policies.
- Gather and prepare concessions items and serve to customers.
- Perform minor clerical functions such as answering phones and maintaining records.
- Maintain cleanliness of the area including clubhouse, restrooms, concession, and food prep.
- Refer complaints and suggestions to the Clubhouse Manager or Superintendent to maintain good public relations.
- Consistently promote a positive, professional image at all times and provide consistent high-quality customer service.
- Assist in setting up special events and pairing golf players on the tee.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Skilled in the operation of a retail public service facility handling funds and being accountable thereof.
- Knowledge of simple arithmetic in order to make change quickly and accurately.
- Skilled in the practice of service orientation by actively looking for ways to help others.
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer service; including determining the needs of customers, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of standard safety protocols in the performance of essential functions as well as City policies regarding safe work practices.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Ability to interact with the public on an individual basis.
- Ability to make decisions independently in accordance with established department policy.
- Ability to perform work in a safe manner and report unsafe activities, conditions, and faulty equipment.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with fellow City staff, associates and the general public.
- Ability to distinguish between different cleaning materials with the ability to read and understand label information.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The primary duties of this position are performed in a public building environment or an outdoor environment and may include working in adverse weather conditions, as well as exposure to hazards involving the use of chemicals/cleaning solutions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to discern verbal instructions and to communicate effectively with customers.
- Sufficient visual acuity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to comprehend written work instructions and work orders.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to receive fees and provide change due and to operate a variety of office equipment.
- Sufficient personal mobility, stamina, flexibility and balance to maneuver up and down stairs and to perform activities involving bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching and other physical exertions in an indoor/outdoor environment, with exposure to varying temperatures.
- Sufficient strength to lift and carry objects up to fifty (50) pounds for varying distances.
- Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age to work at Hidden Valley Golf Course.
- Experience involving the handling of cash and record keeping.
- Supplemental Information / Special Requirements
The class specification which appears above is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the class and be illustrative of the kinds of duties that may be assigned to the position allocated to the class and should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties which may be required of employees holding a position assigned to this class.
The City of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), the City of Delaware will provide reasonable accommodations, upon reasonable request, to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.