Parking Control Officer PT
- Nature of Work, Essential Functions & KSA's
New year, new job? If you want to earn extra income working part-time and enjoy walking around downtown Delaware, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
NATURE OF WORK
Under the immediate supervision of the Administrative Captain, the part-time Parking Control Officer is responsible for enforcing parking regulations in the downtown area in order to provide parking turnover and safety. This position is responsible for exercising sound judgment and continually working toward achieving the best possible relationship between the City and the public.
- Enforce all parking regulations in the City by means of both vehicular and foot patrol including monitoring parking meters and parking in general.
- Represent the City of Delaware by demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with other employees and the public.
- Skill in using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Skill in safely operating assigned vehicles at all times, especially in heavy traffic and under adverse weather conditions.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining rapport with citizens as well as business owners in the downtown area.
- Skilled in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Skilled in interacting with people of different social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Skilled in maintaining information/data necessary to generate detailed reports.
- Knowledge of local and state laws which pertain to parking (after training).
- Knowledge of parking control practice and procedures (after training).
- Ability to physically walk the downtown business area while enforcing parking restrictions.
- Ability to do mechanical work on meters, such as removing meter heads, replacing small intricate parts.
- Ability to withstand working outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to read and write reports and correspondence with a computer keyboard.
- Illustrative Examples of Work / Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Enforce all parking regulations in downtown areas; parking meters and parking in general.
- Collect paid parking tickets from fine boxes daily.
- Collect money from parking meters weekly.
- Perform minor repairs on parking meters.
- Assist in other parking control functions as necessary.
- Enforce of City and State laws and ordinances.
- Handle citizen complaints.
- Prepares reports.
- Gives testimony in court.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Sufficient physical ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move heavy objects, in excess of fifty (50) pounds, during the course of daily duties.
- Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to stand, walk, or sit for long periods of time in both an office environment and outdoor environment.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively over the phone, communications radio and in person.
- Sufficient visual acuity sufficient to operate a motor vehicle day and night in order to observe violations pertinent to position; to read and write reports, correspondence, etc.
- Sufficient manual dexterity, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to operate standard office equipment, including computer, typewriter, copier, fax-machine, multi-line telephone, communications radio etc.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to inclement weather.
- Required Training, Experience, and Qualifications
- Any combination for training and experience which will indicate possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
- Must possess a valid Ohio driver's license at the time of employment and continuously throughout the term of employment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be honest, dependable and trustworthy.
- Possession of high school diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must maintain insurability under the City's vehicle insurance policy.